Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone
September 8, 2011 Leave a comment
Developing Cloud applications with Windows Phone 7 is extremely powerful way of building enterprise apps & even it’s the future of all cloud-driven industry based applications.
- In Windows azure platform training kit there are lots of examples shown on using ACS in Windows Phone 7 with Windows Identity Foundation, consuming oData & WCF services from SQL Azure database.
- Windows Azure toolkit for windows Phone , IOS, Android builds the path easy & handles to produce the features without app coding.
- The toolkit enables automatic featuring of Push Notifications (Raw, Tile, Toast) , handles direct messaging from Queue, Blobs, Tables in Azure & even interacting with your SQL Azure Databases from the applications running in Windows Phone/Android/i-Phone.
- The toolkit was first launched on March 23rd, 2011 , with support WP7 now its version came out as 1.3 with support of WP7.1 RC.
- The installation is based on .exe followed by running the Dependency Checker.
- The dependency checker detects the necessary softwares installed on system.
- Any missing prerequisites can be easily downloaded from the proper site.
- install the software & check out new templates under visual studio 2010.
- Start development by entering your windows azure storage ID & password.