NuGet Packages Overview with Visual Studio 2010
September 9, 2011 Leave a comment
NuGet is an open – source library package extension works with Visual Studio 2010 & Visual Web Developer 2010 express. It just makes easy to add , search , update, remove libraries & adjusts the app.config/ web.config files of the project as necessary. Nuget provides an easy way to add features in your existing .NET applications with adding library packages file. With this facility you can enhance your MVC application with Spring.NET features, Twitter API , Facebook elegance & so on.
- Installing Nuget
- Nuget works with Visual Studio 2010 & Visual Web Developer 2010 with Powershell 2.0 installed.
- It operates on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista SP1
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows XP SP3
- Installing Nuget can be done by selecting “Tools” from Visual Studio then “Add Library Package Manager” or just selecting “Add Library Package Reference ” from “References” in Visual Studio.
- Select Online Templates & provide the Name & source of Nuget reference.
- Select the features you like to install.