Windows Azure SDK 1.5 released, Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio
September 19, 2011 Leave a comment
On September 15th, The Principal Program Manager of Microsoft declared the announcement of release of Windows Azure SDK 1.5 for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. All the releases are aimed at simplifying development, deployment & management on the Windows Azure platform.
The Windows Azure SDK includes the following features:
- Re-architected emulator enabling higher fidelity between local & cloud developments & deployments.
- Many fundamental improvements (performance of emulator and deployment, assembly/package validation before deployment).
- Support for uploading service certificates in csupload.exe & a new tool csencrypt.exe to help to manage remote desktop encryption passwords.
- Many enhancements and fixes to Windows Azure SDK 1.4.
Also available are several new enhancements in Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio for developing & deploying cloud applications. These enhancements include:
- Add Windows Azure Deployment project from Web Application project.
- Profile applications running in Windows Azure.
- Create ASP.NET MVC3 Web Roles.
- Manage multiple service configurations in one cloud project.
- Improved validation of Windows Azure packages.
Now, it is easier to add a Windows Azure deployment project to common web projects like ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms or WCF. Based on the type of web project that you have, the project properties for assemblies are also updated, if the service package requires additional assemblies for deployment.
To download the SDK & more: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/09/15/announcing-windows-azure-sdk-1-5-windows-azure-tools-for-microsoft-visual-studio-2010-and-new-service-management-features.aspx