Windows Phone Guidelines for Symbian Qt Developers.
September 22, 2011 Leave a comment
Symbian 3, Symbian Anna or Symbian Belle developers are now ready for Windows phone 7 programming. By joint collaboration of Microsoft & Nokia , Nokia Symbian applications are adjoined with Windows phone 7 apps. The preliminary building apps of WP7 are quite common for Visual Studio Symbian Qt plugins:
- Expression Blend 4 for WP7
- XNA Game studio
- Windows Phone Emulator 7.1 RC
- Silverlight toolkit for Windows Phone.
Visual Studio and the other above-mentioned WP application development tools offer similar functionality that is provided by Qt Creator and the Symbian Qt application development tools. The following table gives an overview of the functionality of the most important development tools on both Qt and WP platforms.
|Functionality||Audience||Qt tools||Windows Phone tools|
|Primary UI design: Colors, gradients and animation||UI designers||Qt Quick Designer, Qt Designer||Expression Blend|
|UI design||UI designers and programmers||Qt Quick Designer and Qt Designer integrated to Qt Creator IDE||Visual Studio 2010 Express and Expression Blend for Windows Phone|
|Application development (coding)||Programmers||Qt SDK including Qt Creator IDE||Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone, Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit|
|Game development (coding)||Programmers||Qt SDK including Qt Creator IDE||XNA Game Studio|
|Testing / Emulation||Testers||Qt Simulator in Qt SDK, QML Viewer||Windows Phone Emulator in Visual Studio 2010 Express|
|Documentation||Development team and stakeholders||Doxygen, Qt Assistant||NDoc, Sandcastle, Doxygen, Microsoft Help System|
Qt and Windows Phone application development tools
The Guidelines are published in the following topics:
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform to Symbian^3 Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
- use the Qt to Windows Phone API mapping tool to find your way around when you discover the Windows Phone platform.