Troubleshooting: Windows Azure Tools November 2011 Setup Failed. 0x80070648-Unknown Property
December 8, 2011 Leave a comment
The Windows Azure Tools November 2011 has a common issue of setup failure if any previous versions of Windows Azure SDK 1.4 or 1.5 installed on the system. The repro of the issue is during installation a simple dialog prompt containing error messages & log details will be viewed.
- The Simple issue is caused by the presence of previous versions of SDK.
- Resolution: Simply uninstall all the previous versions of Windows Azure SDK 1.3 ,1.4 or 1.5.
- No need to uninstall Windows Azure Appfabric SDK CTP June 2011 if it’s installed already in the system.
- Simply install Windows Azure Tools November 2011 , Windows Azure SDK 1.6 November 2011 release.
- Download : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/sdk
- Setup progress for Windows Azure Tools November 2011 .