Installation of SharePoint Server 2010 & SharePoint Designer on Windows 7 SP1
January 4, 2012 Leave a comment
Installation of SharePoint Server 2010 & SharePoint Designer 2010 is quite tricky on Windows Clients, as it’s prerequisites are built to work with Windows Server 2008 SP2 onwards.
- But, it’s easily achievable by Cinfiguring the Setup/config.xml in SharePointServer.exe / SharePointFoundation.exe. First extract the contents of SharePoint Server 2010 by typing the following command from command prompt as elevated mode in Windows 7.
D:\SharePointServer.exe /extract:c:\SharePoint (pointing that your SharePoint Server.exe exists in following drive & extraction folder the same)
- Open config.xml from c:\SharePoint\files\Setup & add the following line under <configuration> tag:
<Setting Id=”AllowWindowsClientInstall” Value=”True”/>
- Save it & close the config.xml
- Next , try to follow the setup.exe from the command prompt as follows:
- Find the installation option StandAlone or Server – farm & proceed to installation.
- now configure the installation with the SharePoint Products Configuration according to the settings choosen.
- Install Microsoft Chart Controls , Windows Identity Foundation & start the SharePoint Product Configuration settings:
- Check out the IIS application pools running the SharePoint Web farm & check app-pools settings must be Enable 32 bit applications to FALSE & all SharePoint services should be started.
- Installation of SharePoint Designer 2010: SharePoint Designer 2010 can be installed on Windows Clients according to the office 2007/2010 x86/x64 settings.
- If you installed office 2010 x86 on your x64 Windows then please install SharePoint Designer 2010 x86 version.
SharePoint Designer 2010 SP1 Default Page