Developing Windows 8 Metro Style applications in Windows 8 Developer Preview with VMware Player
January 20, 2012 Leave a comment
- Start with selection of the installation media & be careful about the selection of the guest operating system. VMware still does not support Windows 8 so keep the name of guest os as Windows 7 (for 32 bit Windows 8) & Windows 7 x64 for 64 bit Windows 8 developer preview.
- Next, select the harddisk space requirements in VMware player & save the VHD as backup in your drive.
- Start booting with Windows 8 developer preview once you finished the customization of VM settings.
- Next, setup the Windows 8 botting screen & populate with your Windows Live ID account.
- Check the final preparation screen of Windows 8 developer preview.
- Install the Visual Studio 11 developer preview & start with Windows 8 Metro Style apps development.
- Lets check the VS 11 developer preview in Windows 8 Developer Preview.