Installation of SQL Server 2012 RC0(Release Candidate) in Windows 8 Developer Preview
January 25, 2012 1 Comment
SQL Server 2012 RC0 has published on November 2011 after the CTP3 beta Denali edition. The new edition of SQL Server 2012 RC0 contains a lot of improvements over the Database Engine, High Availability, BI tools prespective. Windows 8 Developer Preview is a next genetation Windows Slate OS version which influences developer to develop market ready Metro Style apps.
- Windows 8 Metro Style apps quite resemble with Windows Phone 7 Metro apps which having functionality with Windows Azure, Push Notification, Isolated Storage & Local Storage, Bing Maps integration, leveraging business data from Microsoft SharePoint 2010 etc.
- In those respect it’s also important to integrate Metro Style apps with SQL Server databases. Tiles & notificates generation from data of SQL Server, Configuring & developing SSRS reports in tablets, Windows Slates too.
- Lets see the installation of SQL Server 2012 RC in Windows 8 Developer Preview(Client).
- First enable .NET Framework 3.5.1 in Windows 8 Developer Preview otherwise it will create issues in SQL Server 2012 RC installation.
- Step by step reference of enabling .NET Framework 3.5.1 in Windows 8 Developer Preview:
- Lets start by checking the licence rules. For Express editions & Express with Advanced Editions no Product Key is required.
- Lets check the installation rules. First installer will run Update rules if any recent updates for SQL Server 2012 RC is available or not.
- It’s will check the instance rules & divisions.
- Next, it will prompt to select the features needed for the installation.
- Next prompt will update the Server Configurations for SQL Server 2012 RC .
- Alternatively, you can check for Collation properties.
- Then , look out for the instance selection which is one of important step in SQL Server installation.
- You have select the authentication features for SQL Server 2012 RC in Windows 8 Developer Preview.
- Alternately, you can enable Filestream data to obtain data from Remote SQL Servers.
- Next step is to configure the SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 , you can select ‘install & configure’ or ‘install only’.
- After that, carry out the normal installation procedure in Windows 8 Developer Preview.
- Next, the installation got successful , you will get Complete dialog box shows the selected features already got installed.
- Now , Open SQL Server Management Studio 2012 to check in Windows 8 Developer Preview.
- That’s it, start working on SQL Server 2012 RC with Windows 8 Metro Style apps in Windows 8 Developer Preview.