Developing Interactive Mobile Web Apps with HTML5,JS, CSS3 using MoSync SDK 3.0 for Android,Windows Phone 7.5 & iOS.
March 26, 2012 5 Comments
MoSync is a cross-platform Mobile App development environment where we can build apps for native UI, Web UI as well as hybrid UI for Windows Phone 7.5, Windows Mobile 6.x , Microsoft SmartPhone 2003 library, Pocker PC , Android & iOS (iPhone & iPad for Mac OS X). MoSync SDK comes with a built -in Eclipse IDE to build up apps in HTML5/js or native C/C++ API. To start development with MoSync SDK 3.0 , download it here.
- Before installing MoSync Reload SDK 3.0 , you need to install first Node.js 0.6 version in order to run MoSync apps. If you are first time coder in MoSync SDK 3.0, better to start with MoSync SDK 3.0.
- Create a new MoSync Project in MoSync Eclipse IDE from File-> Project -> MoSync Project -> Select HTML 5 -> Select HTML5/js Web UI App.
- Select a name for your project & click on finish to get the default project template.
- Now check the default code template & select the Runtime environments. In MoSync you can run apps either directly to smartphone devices (Android USB /Bluetooth USB) or run in device emulators (Android, Windows Phone 7.5, iPhone for OS X).
- Check out the Android Simulation environment & Click on Active Profile from toolbar of MoSync Eclipse IDE.
- MoSync SDK will generate .apk file for Android Web UI app & deploy the app to Android emulator or device.
- Run the MoSync HTML5,js Web UI app on Android 4.0 emulator.
- Click on Change Color Button & check out the color change of the Web UI app.
- Next deploy the MoSync HTML5/js Web UI app on Windows Phone 7.5 emulator & Click on Active Profile icon to find the available devices on MoSync Eclipse IDE.
- Select Windows Phone 7.5 platform as target device/emulator platform.
- MoSync SDK will deploy the HTML5/js Web UI app as Native .xap file for Windows Phone 7.5 .
- Check out the HTML5 /js Web App in Windows Phone 7.5 as native app .
- In the next tutorial, we will see the support of PhoneGap applications on MoSync SDK HTML5/js Web UI apps.