Installation of SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition on Windows 8 Consumer Preview – Step by Step
May 25, 2012 2 Comments
Installation of SQL Server 2012 RC Enterprise Edition is critical on Windows 8 consumer preview (x64) as it requires the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 which is primarily not available on Windows 8. So , first complete the installation of .NET framework 3.5 SP1 by DISM tool (DISM.exe) & start installation of SQL Server 2012 Enterprise edition.
- Run the setup configuration settings & click on Next to select the Setup Role. Select the feature to install. If you would like to install PowerPivot with SharePoint on local farm select SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- Lets Click on next to choose the features that you would like to install . Select Reporting Services – Native if you like to run it locally otherwise select it as SharePoint integrated.
- Lets add the server configurations after selecting the instance details.
- Specify your authentication for Windows & Mixed mode .
- Alternatively, check the FlieStream Data access to T-SQL .
- Select the Analysis Services Server configuration . Follow Multidimentional & Data Mining mode . If you need to work with SharePoint 2010 BISM model , you can select Tabular mode too to build PowerView reports on SharePoint 2010.
- Check the Reporting Services Configuration.
- Select the Distributed Controller Details to check path. You can provide the Distributed Controller name alternatively , you can leave it blank.
- The details of Distributed Replay Client. Add your current domain account with SQL Server Distributed Replay Controller.
- Check the details of your SQL Server 2012 Enterprise edition installation & Click on Next.
- That’s all . Open SSMS 2012 from Windows 8 Metro UI.