Build ASP.NET Web App on Windows Azure SDK 1.7 June 2012 Release on Visual Studio 2012 RC on Windows 8 Release Preview
June 8, 2012 Leave a comment
The Windows Azure SDK 1.7 June 2012 has released on June 4th, 2012 with enhanced features of supporting VS 2012 RC platform. So, lets develop Windows Azure app in ASP.NET on VS 2012 RC on Windows 8 Release Preview platform & host it on Windows Azure portal. Windows Azure tools for Visual Studio has side by side support for VS 2010 SP1 & VS 2012 RC with Windows Azure SDK 1.7. So, you can build Windows Azure apps on VS 2010 SP1 as well as on VS 2012 RC on Windows 8 Release Preview.
Lets download first the Windows Azure SDK 1.7 June 2012 Release from here
So , start a new Windows Azure Cloud service app from Visual Studio 2012 RC.
- Next select a WebRole from the available options of Windows Azure Service.
- Now , check the development fabric environment on VS 2012 RC of Windows Azure ASP.NET apps.
- Lets start debug the app & check the initialization of Windows Azure Storage emulator.
- Run the Windows Azure ASP.NET Webrole on local Dev Fabric from VS 2012 RC.
- Lets publish the Azure app on Windows Azure portal on Production Stage as Release platform. So click on Publish by right-clicking from Azure Project on VS 2012.
- Create your certificate to publish your Windows Azure app from Visual Studio 2012 RC.
- Choose your Azure Subscriptions & provide Azure Subscription Name along with the Subscription ID.
- Select your Storage Service name on Production & provide location of your Azure Hosted Service.
- Lets Start publish the Windows Azure app from VS 2012 RC on production stage.
- Lets check the final Windows Azure ASP.NET Web app on Production with cloudapp.net URL.
- Check the final Cloudapp.net Azure ASP.NET Website on SmartPhones (iPhone 4s, HTC Evo, BlackBerry, Palm Web Os, Windows Phone 7.5) . The Azure Web Template is already smartdevice optimized for VS 2012 RC.