Build Cross Platform App Development for Windows Phone with PhoneGap 1.9 build on Apache Cordova
July 18, 2012 Leave a comment
- Lets start by first downloading the latest PhoneGap version 1.9 supported by Apache Cordova framework & open lib/Windows Phone folder from the PhoneGap tool folder.
- Copy the Zip archieve named CordovaStarter -1.9.0 & paste it inside the Visual Studio 2010/ Visual Studio 2012 Templates/Project Templates/Visual C#/Silverlight for Windows Phone folder.
- Now open the Visual Studio & start a new PhoneGap Cordova Project for Windows Phone.
- Lets check the new PhoneGap Cordova project created for Windows Phone. The default app page is MainPage.xaml.
- Inside the www folder , there are three files as index.html, cordova-1.9.0.js & master.css.
- Inside the GapLib folder , there is the main .dll called WP7CordovaClassLib.dll.
- The CordovaResourceDictionary.xml contains all the HTML5 resources which is stored in isolated storage of the phone. The default code in the dictionary file as follows:
- Check the default PhoneGap Cordova web app page on Windows Phone executing on top of native application.