Microsoft Twitter Analytics Tools(Consuming Big Data from Hadoop on Azure) with PowerPivot for Excel 2010 & Build PowerView Reports on SharePoint 2010 & SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services
July 18, 2012 Leave a comment
Microsoft Twitter Analytics tool (Download from here) is part of SQL Azure Social Analytics Labs & leverages built in support for consuming Big Data (Hadoop on Azure, Hive Tables data, HDFS ) on BI tools(PowerPivot for Excel 2010, SSRS 2012 , SSAS 2012 & PowerView Reports on SharePoint 2010). Twitter Analytics is computed data for analysis of Social Analytics tool (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) to compute Top Tweets of the Day, Top Tweeter, Top Mentions etc. Overall computation focuses on Big Data Analytics on Windows Azure features commonly consume big data from Apache Hive, HDFS on Azure to MS BI tools.
- Lets start first installing the tool on local system. It needs PowerPivot for Excel 2010 as recommendation engine to analyse the analytics sheet.
- The Twitter Analytics installer installs the Twitter Analytics PowerPivot Excel 2010 sheet on your desktop. Analyse the Twitter Analytics PowerPivot sheet by providing the comma seperated queries to get data for Top Tweets for Top MSFT Products(Bing, Windows Phone, SQL Server etc.)
- Lets check for Top People section of the Twitter Analytics tool for Favourite MSFT Products.
- The Top Tweet Tones & Mentions about Top MSFT Products renders as follows.
- The Details data shows off the Twitter Data Analytics according to Search Query,Date, Time of Day,Type, Tone & Tweeters.
- Next, upload the Twitter Analytics PowerPivot Excel sheet into SharePoint 2010 PowerPivot Gallery part in order to build interactive PowerView Reports on SharePoint .
- After uploading to SharePoint PowerView Gallery, Click on PowerView Report icon to build up the PowerView Report.
- Implement the PowerView Report on MSFT Twitter Analytics Social Analytics Big Data with SharePoint 2010 web part & select Top Tweets of the day, Top Mentions of the Day about top MSFT Products, Tones count & People Positive , Negetive & Neutral Tones on Products like Bing, Office, SQL Server, Windows Phone.