Troubleshooting: SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services Report Manager URL Shows 500 Internal Server Error in Internet Explorer
December 15, 2011 3 Comments
Well, Going through a serious issue while getting an 500 Internal Server error during hitting up the SSRS 2008 R2 Report Manager URL in Internet Explorer 9 64 bit in elevated mode. Checked the Reporting Services Configuration Manager & seem to be all right as like this.
- While checked about the Web Services URL , Report Server Database all seemed to be okay.
- Since , SQL Server 2008 onwards Reporting Services instance works with HTTP runtime (not with IIS) henceforth checked the RSTempfiles folder & given the admin access to the Reporting Services Administrator of the System from Security of the folder.
- Restarted the SQL Server Reporting services from Services of the Windows but still no success.
- Henceforth , Checked the Reporting Services Log Files & found the following error:
AppDomain ReportServer_SQLEXPRESS_0 failed to start. Error: Could not load file or assembly ‘Oracle.Web, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342′ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 176)
- Checked in Windows Event Viewer & got the suspicious error:
- It may seems that reparing the .NET Framework 2.0 will reach the goal but more than that first uninstall the Oracle Client installed on the System as Oracle Client / Oracle Server merely configures Machine.Config of .NET Framework & result is refleced in Event Viewer or Process Monitor.
Issue: Getting Error Previous Installation of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 during installation of SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2.
- Followed by Error prompt like this:
- If start troubleshoot by uninstalling the SQL Server 2008 then during installation of SQL Server 2008 uninstall VS 2008 (If VS 2008 SP1 is not installed)then in new instance first install SQL Server 2008 without Integration Services , SQL Server Management Tools(Basic, Complete) & BIDS.
- Then install again VS 2008 & immediately again update VS 2008 SP1 & then upgrade SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 BIDS, SSIS & Management Tools (Basic & Complete) SSMS features.